Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The real reason I had children

When I was 16 I broke my ankle in three places sliding into home base at a softball practise. (ouch) It healed up pretty well, the only lingering consequence is that I can't wear shoes without good, sturdy support without immediate, deep, achy pain.. I know there are a lot of women out there who suffer untold agonies for fashion, but I will never be one of them. Call me a wimp, whatever. The point is, I am a wimp who can only wear running shoes or hiking boots, expensive ones. The cheap ones just don't cut it with my tyrannical foot joint. Why does this matter? It means that until 5 years ago, I was a woman with an unsatisfied shoe fetish. I could only stare through the glass window at all the beautiful shoes or run a finger down a row of heeled, shiny beautiful foot adorners. But then, my first child was born and hallelujah, bring on the shoes!

These sweet little things are the current residents of Monkey-Child's shoe bin. (Not photographed are the 4 pairs of boots in the mudroom)











Four little pairs of size 3 shoes make me so happy.
Now, if I could only convince him to keep them on his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment