Thursday, March 10, 2011

Everyone needs a little corner of the world

I sometimes lay awake at night fantasizing about putting an addition on the house with a master bedroom and a sun-room/homeschooling room. It would have windows all along one wall and bookshelves along another and a door leading out into the backyard for the days when you just can't stand to be inside 4 walls.

Then I'm usually beset by guilt thinking about the millions of people in the world who lack a house completely and how I should be so very grateful for what we have. Until the guilt though, it's a fun daydream.

Since an addition to our house is quite unlikely, I've been trying to find ways to create homeschool spaces within what we have.

This is a look at the corner of the kitchen by the back door

I covered a magnetic cork board and a wooden board with fabric to display art work. The wooden board has 4 screws with clips to hang bigger/bulky items.

The front forward bookshelf was my first ever Ebay purchase and holds the kids library books, books on the subjects we are covering and some books I think Caley might find interesting.


I quite often find one or both of the kids hanging out in this corner thumbing through books (or strewing them about on the floor, depending on his mood)
Homeschooling is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment