Monday, April 15, 2013

jumping in mid thought....

I remember the years in between Caley and Matthew.

When we were trying to grow our family.

Unsure why it wasn't happening

Wondering if it ever would

Wondering if we would be okay if it never did.

Looking back it was the not knowing that made it the hardest, the uncertainty.

Though I was beyond thrilled when we became a family of four, I do wish that I had taken the time to really appreciate that season of life, life as three.

I wish I had focused more on the gift of the present.


Flash forward five years and I find myself again in this place.

Wondering, praying, hoping for a child.

Will it ever happen?

Will we be okay if it doesn't.

Only now I have the answer to that question. We will be okay no matter what the future holds for us because God is good and His love never fails.

He has promised to never leave us and He has sworn to sustain us.

And in the waiting?

He is growing us.

And in the waiting?

I am living each moment, thankful for the gift that is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment